Tuesday, April 20, 2010

What a sight


"Because we do not know ourselves we are destroying other human beings; we are destroying this marvelous Earth"-Jiddu Krishnamurti

What a sight this was! As I walked along my neighborhood, I happened to see among the debris of the many fallen tress, this sight of a freshly slaughtered tree. The ones near them will soon meet their end as well. At the rate these tree hunters are going, very soon, the Malnad belt will lose the precious trees and greenery that thrives with it.

The tree stump looked like a human with an amputated torso. Anyone who can do this to a tree, has no soul, no character or values in life. There is no sight like the sight of an amputated soul. It is sad and repulsive at the same time. I looked around for the perpetuator of this heinous crime, I wanted to ask him..... But, why?

No comments:

Post a Comment